Scholarships for Student Leaders
ONLY current undergraduate students are eligible to apply. High school students are not eligible.
One means by which the NACA Foundation demonstrates its commitment to the development of professionals in the field of campus activities is through providing scholarships to undergraduate students who have demonstrated outstanding leadership abilities andmade significant contributions to their campus communities. The Scholarships for Student Leaders Program, established in 1985, was created through donations to the 25 For 25 Drive, a silver anniversary fund-raising project of the NACA Foundation. The fund provides annual scholarships, seven of which are designated in the following manner:
- the Public Media Incorporated/Films Incorporated Scholarships for Student Leaders;
- the NACA Northeast Region Scholarships for Student Leaders (CT, MA, ME, NH, RI and VT);
- the Joseph D. Giampapa Scholarship for Student Leaders in the Mid America & Mid Atlantic regions;
- the NACA Heart of America Region Scholarship for Student Leaders in the Contral & Northern Plains regions;
- the NACA Illiana Scholarship for Student Leaders in the Mid America & Central regions;
- the NACA Mid Atlantic Region Thomas E. Matthews Scholarship for Student Leaders;
- an unnamed Scholarship for Student Leaders
Scholarships are to be used for educational expenses, including tuition, books, fees or other related expenses. Scholarships are announced in February.
Materials must be submitted online between Sept. 15 and Nov. 1. Only the first 75 qualified applications will be considered.
Applicants for the Scholarships for Student Leaders Program must:
- Be matriculated undergraduate students in good standing at the time of the application and during the semester in which the award is received
- Hold significant leadership positions on their campuses
- Have made significant contributions to their campus communities
- Have demonstrated leadership skills and ability
- You must be a U.S. Citizen
- High school students are not eligible.